Thread: BIN's and bids
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2003, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Default BIN's and bids

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

not much on the 'watch' feature from ebay. Because, invariably, I FORGET because I'm well over 30 years old now......(36 to be exact), so I generally go to my old standby, auctionsniper.com or another software and put a bid in there that might be below an unreasonable BIN or well above a current bid (around where I'd like to buy the item). If it hits, great, if not, so be it. Anyway, sometimes on ebay when someone you bid against regularly sees your i.d. that gets them pumped up a little and they'll bid more. I'm not fond of sniping but have given in to all the times I've been sniped and said screw it, I'm joining them.

Anyway, if someone REALLY wants an item and won't bid on it because there's a reserve, then they really didn't want it that bad to begin with. Many people put the reserves on to get the bidding started while protecting their investment. Some will even reveal the reserve. Some even put it in the auction itself. I use them occasionally for my protection and I've heard few complaints and most often they're hit. I know theres a few out there that won't bid but there's generally enough people bidding that those people probably would get outbid anyway.

Just my opinion, which, with $3.75 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks..........