View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 09:58 AM
Paul Lehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post

As far as the Ruth card above, I may have bid $2700 at 11 pm if I thought I could call it a night and win before turning in. Like any auction you try to gauge the interest level in the audience in making your bid. The idea that you need to be up at 5 am or through the night is insane.

Would love an economist to study this notion. I think it's highly overrated and even could be counterproductive. Can you think of anything else we sell in our society in this way?
I went to bed at a normal time (around 11pm) and slept like a baby. I set an alarm and got up at 3:30 to watch the auction close. Won two items and went back to bed and again, slept like a baby. Now I'm up making breakfast and will head to church in a bit. No need to stay up all night just to play the game.

Late auction endings obviously (my opinion) put more money in the pockets of consignors and AH's and without those two we'd be back to the stone age of the hobby. I've read a plethora of threads regarding AH ending times over the years and the only thing that's clear to me is that there is no perfect way to close for everyone.

Last edited by LEHR; 06-12-2016 at 10:00 AM.