View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 09:08 AM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsky View Post
I personally wouldn't consign to Legendary not knowing what will happen with the company. I would like to know if there is any consignors on this board that do consign with Legendary and what your thinking is on why you do. Just curious. Don't need guys blasting anyone why they do just what the draw to Legendary is over another company since there seems to be such a risk. Anyone willing to admit they do and there views on it and please guys don't jump on anyone that does.

Keith, Ill take the bait. Lol. What many consignors look for is protection (reserves) on high end lots. It wasnt until recently in the last 5 years that AHs common advertised reserves and it became a thing of the norm. Plus, the sellers commissions has dropped from paying 15 percent to where you recieve 10 percent back. But the biggest thing that any consignor should look at is the companies mailing list. I believe all the long running AHs have the simular lists. Heritage would be the exception as they would have a great cross over list with all the other collectible auctions they run.

Another big thing to think about when consigning to an AH is trust... Trust that they say they will do what they said they would at the time you gave them your consignments. Most AHs now have detailed contracts and are pretty good following thru on their promises. This can not be said 5 years ago or later on some AHs in the business.

Last edited by BeanTown; 02-28-2015 at 09:11 AM.