Thread: January Pickups
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 04:41 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Ok, most of this stuff was actually purchased in December, but I am just now getting it scanned and on here. You guys have inspired me! In addition, to these, I was very fortunate to pick up several other ungraded '57 Topps stars and many '59 Topps stars in solid mid-grade, pretty well centered. The '41s are the outliers of my collection. At heart, I am a 50s Topps guy (though those '53 Bowman Colors are looking better all the time), but I have always loved the '41 Play Ball set. I am 10 cards from completion...including Joe D. I bought a partial set of 60 back in late November, and I am paying on the layaway. Some of the '41s I have scanned here are from that layaway that I have already brought home, and some I have picked up outside of that layaway. I hope to bring the rest home late next month. Right now, some are in screwdowns, some in slabs, and some are in top loaders. Eventually, all will be in top loaders in 4 pocket Ultra Pro pages in a binder. The sleeves and screwdowns really obscure the images, but you get the idea. And that Drysdale's print quality is not that bad...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1941 Play Ball 1.jpg (73.6 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg 1941 Play Ball 2 and 57s.jpg (72.3 KB, 131 views)