View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 01:23 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

On items that I consider more valuable than the risk I require signature so that they can't say the item wasn't delivered to them.

This has still come back to bite me before because a card that sold for aprox $800 got returned to me a month later as never picked up. When I contacted the buyer he said he was out of town the week (even though it wasn't shipped back to me for a month meaning he had a month to pick it up) it was attempted and I should ship it back. When I mentioned the pricing of shipping and insuring it he said it only cost him $2.65 to ship something that morning. I explained that is the minimum without insurance. He continued that he didn't think I need insurance and that I never told him it was going to need a signature and now it is a month later without a card so it is on me. I went ahead and at the cost of shipping but asked if he would be available to sign. He still didn't want to but I insisted and he did. The worst part of all this is that I found out while the back and forth was happening that he is a board member. I couldn't believe a board member would suggest sending a $800 card without insurance or signature.
He was blocked on ebay without any fan fair, and won't find out until he tries to buy from me in the future.