View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 01:01 AM
Administrator

Default Rare Boxing Card Sells for $27,600

Posted By: XanaduNow

Quote:
Here are some items that would likely go for a higher price than the Graziano if they came to auction:

any N167 boxing card in Near Mint

Old Judge Cabinet of John Sullivan in Near Mint

Corbett vs. Sullivan program in Near Mint

Corbett vs. McCaffrey full ticket in Near Mint

Corbett vs. Sullivan full ticket in Near Mint
The most important words in each of those listings are "near mint." It would take a rarity to show up in a previously unknown condition to possibly reach the Graziano in much lesser condition. If you have enough money you can get an N167 whenever you want, they're listed on ebay. No matter who you are and how much money you have there are a certain amount of conditions that have to fall in line in order for you to obtain a Leaf Graziano. In my opinion it's incomparable to any other boxing card.

As far as the non-card items, I don't see their relevance. There are plenty of boxing-related/themed items that would sell for as much or more as the latest Graziano but that's like comparing apples and crystal meth. I have no idea what a lock of hair from an early HOFer (or any athlete, no matter the sport) would go for and I'm quite comfortable living the rest of my life without that piece of information, but that's just me.

The Leaf Graziano is king.

Arthur