View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 02:53 AM
Edward F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan102003 View Post
I rarely will even open a listing that is priced like that. If it's close to what I'm willing to pay, say $5.00 or $10.00, then I'll maybe take the time to check into it, and possibly make an offer. But 99 times out of 100 I just skip right over them.

In the case of cards I'm not familiar with, I'll take a look, and then see what recently completed items are really selling for. If the "asking" price is way above actual sales, I just click the back button. I've noticed a couple sellers that as soon as I see their name I just hit back.

Usually another of the same card will come along sooner or later with a reasonable BIN, or for auction. I don't like to waste any more time than necessary looking at items the sellers either really don't want to sell and are just showing off, or are shooting for the stars on.

Tom
Agreed with above.

In fact I am so good at skipping over those sellers that now I don't even have to click on the auction because I know who the seller is just by looking at the listing. One seller in particular comes to mind that has very high BINs that is and always will be on ebay and never sells.