View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 08:12 PM

College Football stubs from that era are really hit or miss when it comes to soaking. They are not one piece of paper but are two extremely thin pieces of lithographed paper glued front and back to a cardboard middle. These thin layers often soak off themselves or are easily damaged when soaking. Sometimes they soak out great though depending on the glue because if they are in the water too long they usually end up getting damed far worse than the back glue alone. I would throw it in some warm water and wait about 5 minutes. If it does not lightly pull off the page then I would just forget about it. It looks better how it is than with back damage. If it does not easily come off, just dry it off and leave it on the scrapbook paper.

Bad news, College stubs from that era have REALLY slumped in price with ebay coming along 10 years ago because so many have been found in old scrapbooks. Every now and then you can get a decent price for a specific game, but Ivy league stubs from the 1890's are generally in the $10-$50 range now in decent shape (premium paid for Harvard/Yale game because that one is special). In that condition I would expect a $20 price value.

Hope that helps

RHys