View Single Post
Old 07-26-2002, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay power seller protection program

Posted By: David

I agree and disagree. Overall, I think eBay does a good job, and I have enjoyed buying and selling on it. They run a good show, except for one or two points they could fix.

The one or two points they could fix are not minor points. eBay allows, though loopholes or lack of foresight or oversight or whatever you want to call it, people like Libertyforall to cheat people out of money. I will bet that eBay has received over 100 serious complaints about these sellers, but eBay doesn't care. Day in and day out, 40%(estimate) of the featured items in the Pre-1950 Graded bb cards section is AAA and NASA graded. I am not an active card buyer or seller, but would think this would be an embarassment to those who are active in this area.

Secondly, shill bidding is illegal, and I don't beleive the eBay has the right or privledge to allow illegal activity.

As I said, I think eBay is an overall good place and merely wish that they would make some fine tuning. As I mentioned before, I just wish they would get rid of the private auctions except for limited circumstances. If they did that one thing, I would be happy.