View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 08:02 PM

Default NEWLY Discovered Tobacco Card FInd Brunswick Maryland

How about something nice and positive to lighten up the boards a bit?? Pop and I went to this 422 card tobacco find that was actually discovered about 20 years ago but has stayed in the family as they were not ready to sell back then. This is a great find because I even left with a picture of the gentleman who actually pulled these from the packs in 1910 and 1911 !! He was born in 1898 and must have started smoking at the ripe age of 13.

The collection consists of all Piedmont backs and all T205's and T206's. There was nothing rare but had a nice percentage of Hall of Famers. Now for the real nice part and see the pictures below. Not all but MANY of these puppies were removed from their packs and not touched since! There are some blazers here folks. If I didn't have the provenance I wouldn't have believed these weren't trimmed.

Pop gets all of the credit for the initial find many years ago and for staying in contact with the family over the years and coming along today and allowing me to buy him lunch. He had a $6 per diem today.

The T205 Richie is the only non-Piedmont and is a Green Broadleaf.

WOW! the rush of a fresh to the hobby find is a feeling I can't describe. But it is a feeling that I am going to take the liberty of wishing on all of you fellow collectors. Dan Mckee.