View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus35 View Post
I just saw SGC is going to start cutting uncut sheets and making them look as close to the original factory cut as possible. Then, grading them but slabbing them as “sheet cut” as If this will do anything.

I see a huge problem waiting to happen!!! Since the cards will look like they are factory cut, whose to say people won’t start cracking them out of their “sheet cut” labeled slabs and resubmitting them for a better grade and to trick the grader so the card will no longer be labeled as sheet cut.
If I am not mistaken I think this service is being offered for issues that are supposed to be sheet cut by consumers/collectors after release from the factory..Post, Bazooka, Strip Cards, etc etc. I tool SGC's reference to a factory cut to mean that the cards would not be cut like a 7 year old with those safety scissors performed the cutting. To perform a true factory cut ya need more than a straight cut from a printer. Very few issue share the same edge grain pattern so mimicking a true factory cut, say on a 33 Goudey, is not as easy as simply slicing it off the sheet.

I actually like the idea. At least if grading companies are gonna grade hand cut cards they may as well look as nice as possible.