View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 07:29 PM
J0hn B@silone

Like the man said....contact Joe O. and show him the evidence!

from the CU boards way back when...

scottsusor
Wednesday April 21, 2004 5:30 PM

Since it appears that an awful lot of submissions (including mine) are having similar problems with undergrading of vintage (1950's and 1960's cards), I sent off an email to Joe Orlando yesterday, expressing my concern about what looks like either toughened standards or graders getting lazy. As he always does, Joe responded quickly and attentively. He restated what he said to me in Chicago -- that PSA has not consciously toughened any standards of grading in recent months. Unfortunately, that leaves open the other possibility -- that the graders are taking the easy (or speedy) way out by slapping a too-low grade on most cards then moving on to the next card. It may not be laziness -- it may be pressure to get through way too many cards in way too little time.

Anyway, Joe told me to send in some of the undergraded cards directly to him for review. I will be doing that shortly. I would advise anybody else that's getting hammered on grades to contact Joe and express your disappointment with what's been going on recently. The only way things like this will get worked out is for as many submitters as are affected to voice their perspective to Joe Orlando and then show him the evidence. He is very aware that undergrading hurts everybody -- PSA with reduced submissions, dealers who can't make a profit on their graded cards, and collectors looking to buy PSA cards that should be 8's and 9's. But just grousing about it here on the board does little good. You have to contact Joe and then show him the evidence.

Joe Orlando's email address is: JOrlando@collectors.com

Scott

Last edited by Basilone; 08-26-2009 at 04:57 AM.