View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Default Is Memorabilia on the decline?

Posted By: Jason Mishelow

I think the problem is the lack of any real catalog or price guide system. We all know exactally what our cards are worth and in some case how many of them there are, furthermore, we know exactally what is out there- there is a check list that we can work are way through. The problem with memrobilia is that there is no agreement what the value is and I think that turns people away. I have gone to major shows and seen items that I know I could pick up for 5-10 dollars selling for over $100. This lack of uniform value seems to put off dealers from having a large inbvetory as they probaly have losts of itmes that don't seem to sell and they don;'t realize its becuase they are simply pricing the time to high and they don;t educate themselves- on the same vein I have never gone up to a dealer and said you know that's really a high price- it just never seemed worth the time. I think that is also a space issue even at major shows most dealers just don't have enough room to ship larger items that don't kove quickly

How do we solve this- i think it is a compresnhive price guide- obviusly a lot of work but I think that it would invirogate the aspect of the hobby the same way that card price guides did in the early 80's- maybe this board is the place to start such- anyt ideas