View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 09:18 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I had never heard of this, but based on the following, it sounds like a way that I can continue offering free shipping, which has been my main concern, along with getting dinged for extra postage and customs delays, regarding shipping to Canada. I'm assuming the recipient picks up the added cost, thus your comment about Canadians not liking it. I'd like to know how that bit of the formula works.

How sellers are protected
  • With the Global Shipping Program, you're protected in the following ways:
  • You qualify for automatic 5-star protection on shipping and handling charge detailed seller ratings when you provide free domestic shipping to the US shipping center. If you receive a rating below 5 stars for shipping and handling charges, it won't count against your seller performance standards.
  • You qualify for automatic 5-star protection on shipping time detailed seller rating when you ship with same day or 1-day handling, upload tracking information within 1 business day of receiving cleared payment, and the item is delivered to the US shipping center within 4 business days. If you receive a rating below 5 stars for shipping time, it won't count against your seller performance standards.
  • Any negative or neutral feedback that can be attributed to the Global Shipping Program from item handling during international transit will be removed. See details.
  • You aren't responsible for item loss or damage that occurs after the item is forwarded by the US shipping center. Once an item has been forwarded by the US shipping center, you won't be responsible for refunding the buyer if an eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Purchase Protection case is filed against you for one of the following reasons:
  • A buyer claims an item isn't received or
  • A package is damaged in transit
I had an expensive lesson this last week on the Global Shipping Program...I recently acquired a valuable lamp made by Lecoultre...I knew this would be desired by International bidders so I set the auction for Global Shipping Program only...it sold for $2,650 to an Italian bidder...ebay kicked it out of the GSP after the auction had ended. There is no way to send an item to Italy of that value and insure it for the full amount...the Italian Post Office is also notorious for "losing" items..especially valuable items...the Italians also have a laundry list of items that are not allowed to be shipped into their country..one of them being "antiques", and they do not return any items they deem unacceptable. So I refunded the Italian buyer and sold the lamp to the highest US bidder. The Italian buyer will not cooperate with me and cancel the transaction which has cost me over $200...he is also threatening negative feedback. All of this because ebay kicked my item out of the GSP AFTER it was over.