View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 09:42 AM
J@$0n.Chri$$i$

I actually just dealt with this exact question over the holiday. I'm pretty new to Pre-War and have never really been a set collector. However, I've decided to put together T206 and E121-80 sets. With the T206's, there's really no reason for me to buy altered or poor condition cards except for maybe the few "rare" ones. But with the E121's, there are alot of cards that just rarely become available. I have been in contact with a Board member and fellow E121 collector who told me about one of those pretty rare cards. He said that he has only seen this particular card available a couple of times over the past few years and recommended that I consider buying it. I checked it out and it was slabbed PSA Authentic with clipped corners and writing on the back. I struggled with the decision for a few days, but realized this might be my only chance to acquire it so I pulled the trigger. I came to realization that condition cannot matter for the rare cards if I want to complete the E121-80 set. I just have to purchase them when they become available and hope to maybe upgrade them if the opportunity arises. There was a Best Offer option so I put in an offer for slightly more than half of the asking price and the seller accepted. I am happy with my decision.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Roth.jpg (48.5 KB, 62 views)

***I've had 50+ successful BST transactions as both a buyer and a seller. Please feel free to PM me for references***