View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 01:22 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
Orlando, great collection of Cobb's. I think I got you started with that 1907 Dietsche Batting Cobb. You really took off after that. It's fun having a wantlist, now are you going after other Cobb's ?
Mike, the WAS YOU! I had to check the psa registry since I knew you only through EBay, and I only remembered that the seller had the #1 Dietsche set registry. Had no clue you were on this board. Yes, you started the addiction. You also included that wonderful article from Old Cardboard about Dietsche as the Gateway to prewar postcard collecting. Thank you for that. I will continue to go after other Cobb postcards, but the ones left on my list are extremely rare. Looking for an American Pub, Detroit Free Press, and the Hubel. There are one graded of each and 3 (one of each) that are raw that I know of. So those will be tough. Would also love a Cobb/Wagner PC. In the meantime I will seek out other nice early "standard" Cobb's. So great to know you are on here, and thank you again for introducing me to these amazing treasures!

Last edited by orly57; 05-02-2017 at 01:40 PM.