Thread: Heritage Wins?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 09:21 AM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
PErsonally...I don't see the BSF cards all being tucked away in collections never to see the light of day. I see them more as a novelty...with some suspicion as to their authenticity. I see them as objects desirable to the speculator...and I believe there will be a constant buying and selling/reselling of them in the future. I for one believe they are all real...but I don't see prices going to aforementioned levels due to the sheer amount of them out there and the much smaller demand for e98 as compared to other issues such as t206.
My point was specific to the wagner. T206 built up the "brand" of Honus Wagner. PSA has a population report of 34 Total T206 Wagners. There are 35 PSA E98 Wagners from BSF.

I'm not saying you'll ever see Multi-Million dollar E98s. I'm just saying they are nearly as "rare" even though the availability of them right now seems so much higher.

Absolutely agree you'll see a lot of speculation for the foreseeable few years, but eventaully these Cards will settle into a "forever home" as mine has. And the BSF story to me makes these cards "interesting" from a collectors stanpoint, they have a story, a history.

The combination of the Wagner brand name, the relative scarcity, and the intrigue of the story... In my opinion form a dynamic that in 20+ years could make these cards somewhat-similarly sought after.

As for me though, I bought this to be my newborn Son's first baseball card. I don't anticipate it leaving my family until I die, and then he can decide if he wants to pass it down, or sell it. To me, it's just a good thing to help him eventually learn the history of the hobby/baseball.

Last edited by phikappapsi; 02-26-2014 at 09:27 AM.