View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Default Money and a big IF....

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

What is the rarest card???

My thinking, the rarest cards, are T231 Fan cards. Who has one of those??

Whoever does, flashing cash won't buy one. And if you found an owner, how do you buy it??? Think about IRS, tax basis in the card, and dare you isure such a card, so it appears on a policy schedule, so when you die, shouldn't it be in your estate for tax purposes???

I've "heard", we've "heard" that there are "40 to 50 Wagners", or "80 Wagners".... I figure there are more. I have personally met 2 people that had ownership, held one Wagner in my hand (a crime free Wagner, no plastic prison!) talked with 2 owners on the phone, exchanged emails with two more, and just really, really know of about 5 other people who own a Wagner... Difficult for me to believe that there are only 40, yet I know the whereabouts of close to half of them!?!?!

I figure / believe that there are more real T206 Wagners out there than there are any one N173 Old Judge Cabinet, more than any one Joseph Hall Cabinet, more than any T214 Victory, more than any T217 Mono... And I figure that it would be close for a T200 premium, the T210s of Jackson and Stengel, and the 1915 Zeenut of McMullen. But I confess a bit of bias on this last bunch, and I don't know...

I'd like to hear others' opinions on the rare cards.

And I'm not maligning the Wagner cards. The Wagner card is THE card.

Frank.