View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Default Ty Cobb/Bushing/SCDA/Game-Used Decal Bat

Posted By: mcavoy

I believe a difference is evident when a certificate is issued by SCDA versus Mr. Bushing (or anyone else). SCDA, presumably, wants a viable business and high reputation yesterday, today and in the future, so the corporation retains value. Coin World holding company owns ANACS, and authenticator and grader of coins, so publishers in the collectibles businesses seem to spread their fingers into many pies. But the second any doubt about the qualifications of Mr. Bushing, any SCDA certificate signed by him is suspect. I think SCDA would want to rethink permitting Mr. Bushing from selling his items with his certificate, since his potential poor reputation could bring potential suspicion to SCDA certificates bearing his signature.

As a side note, in my view, this much different than me providing my certificate with the items I sell. If the items I sell come under suspicion and I fail to make right, I risk a poor reputation - no one else does. I am not a third party. SCDA is a 3rd party, and they create value from their opinions. When Mr. Bushing issues certificates on items he has a financial stake in, he is not a 3rd party, and SCDA is indirectly no longer a 3rd party.