Thread: Bvg thoughts???
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 12:32 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
No offense but I trust my eyes more than yours and I know what i see and I also know what people tell me about getting stuff through. Hell I know several guys that tell people if PSA and SGC reject it for trimmed send to BGS they will usually slab it. Many sheet cut cards have ended up in their holders this is common knowledge in the hobby. I understand thy are nice guys and may be your friends but I think they suck at detecting alterations and I still like you but frankly don't care if you think I know what i am talking about or not because I know what goes on. The alterations I am referring to them missing are trimming and filing they seem to be good at the painting and as i have said seem to be excellent at detecting counterfeits. I am sorry but i truly feel they are VERY poor at determining factory cuts.
I agree completely Glyn and know your experience and qualifications for detecting altered cards. I know of a couple of dealers who go the Beckett route after SGC and PSA boot their cards. Sadly I have heard far too many horror stories from collectors, as well as my own experiences, of recently graded Beckett cards which do not cross at any grade and when the same cards have been broken out, they have not regraded and it is usually for trimming.