View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 11:55 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

As a small time buyer, I agree I would utilize a line of credit for a larger purchase. In the past I've had individual sellers hold an item while I saved up the money to pay, but from an auction house prospective I think this could be dangerous if the buyer backs out. Then again I don't think it would be too much different than the buyer simply not paying.

One way I've seen an auction house (can't recall which, maybe clean sweep?) discourage later bidding is to have an increasing buyers premium. The way it works was if you put your max bid in before 10pm you paid a 15% premium, between 10-11pm a 16% premium. Between 11-12pm, a 17% premium and so forth. No matter if your bid was increased later in the night, you are locked into the premium set when you put the bid in. This allows people to switch to a different lot but at the same time it encourages them to bid earlier so they can pay a lower premium.

DJ
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers

Last edited by x2drich2000; 03-29-2015 at 11:57 AM.