View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 01:54 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Evidently there is at least one other person that thinks this Frankenstein card is real. I got this message this morning from a guy named Mark..

Leon,
After reading comments made by your board members concerning the newest Honus Wagner Auction I must respectfully decline to join that board.
I want to be part of a board that has a real knowledge about card collecting. A board that uses common sense thinking not some crazy notions that card grading services are the be all to end all.
Leon, card grading services were not around when cards such as a Honus Wagner were printed so they have no clue who printed them and they offer no scientific evidence to disprove the cards validity .
Thanks.

Sounds very similar to what "goldenarm9" posted as a follow-up comment to the original article that the op linked to:

Goldenarm9
I read that garbage and got a laugh out of it. What you boys do not have
is common sense ...was PSA around when that card or any of them was
printed, i think not , so tell us what printing company printed that
card and what industry standards are PSA supposed to be using to try to
discount that card?
It looks like Cobb-Edwards got the last laugh.

Just more of the age-old tactic of discrediting your accuser rather than backing up your own claim. Why bother making a reasonable argument to prove your point when you can just call your opponent a "dummy" and walk off with a smug look on your face?

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 09-15-2013 at 01:56 PM.