Thread: The ninth man.
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 07:22 AM
Tim B
Banned

And by the way, Dustin Pedroia would be a fine choice from the Red Sox had the years worked out. I am not biased against the Red Sox blindly. David Ortiz was one of the all time great hitters in baseball history - this is not in question. Clearly a special place, too, as the heart of multiple Red Sock championships.

Still, I think the stink of PEDs ruins it for me when it comes to their place in baseball history. Like Palmiero and Sosa before him, there seems to be a clear 'starting point' for use and the greatness that came after is in question. At least Bonds and Clemens had great seasons 'before.' I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way. Yes, I know we'll never know who did and did not, or when they started - maybe even my beloved Yankee captain juiced; I'd be a fool not to acknowledge it and I'd never have thought Andy 'Man of God' Pettitte would have been a juicer - but guys who failed tests or had to much smoke around them, even if the gun could not be found, are always going to be cheaters to me.

And I don't blame them for it with the money at stake, either.