View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 01:02 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp12367 View Post
I sold an item on eBay 11 days ago. The buyer had not paid me, replied to emails or had attempted any kind of contact to pay for the item. So after 7 days I opened up an unpaid buyer dispute and left a positive (negiative) feedback saying that they never paid. Today I got a notice from Ebay that my unpaid item case has been closed because the seller paid for item 11 days later. My question is now I don't want to sell the item to this person am I obligated to still complete my end or can I just refund the money? Will eBay give me some kind of repercussions? Thanks in advance

Ebay buyers generally have 4 days from the beginning of an UPI notice to finalize payment before you can close it out and get your fees back.

If he paid for it before you were able to close it out, you are pretty much obligated to send the item to him or you will risk a defect, unless he agrees to a cancellation from his end.

You could also conceivably get a warning from Ebay for leaving a "false positive" in his feedback.

Not saying you're in the wrong, but that's just pretty much how it goes over there.