View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Default WSSCA card show Nov 8-9 in Seattle, WA

Posted By: Mark Macrae

Andrew, you did a great job in pulling together the show, especially in the midst of all the economic turmoil and a Huskies home game. Whatever tension was there prior to the show's official opening on Saturday morning quickly evaporated. The selection of material at the show is one of the best balanced at any show going on today, anywhere in the country. Whether it's new or old, baseball or boxing, card or memorabilia, slabbed or raw, inexpensive or pricey, THAT show has it all there. You won't find '33 Goudeys for a buck a piece, but they will be there. The collectors living in the Northwest know that the two WSSCA shows are the best. It's no wonder the shows are the longest running in the hobby. If given the choice to display at a 200 table megashow in the Midwest, or the twice annual WSSCA shows, it wouldn't take me a second to decide. Also congrats to the club members who helped set a record...3 consecutive nights of club dinners... Next time we'll shoot for four, and make sure Max comes down so he can pick up the tab at two or three... wink.gif.. It was great getting a chance for me to visit with the many friends and customers in the region, including the dozen or so lurkers on this board. THANKS AGAIN for a great show. I'm already looking forward to the next one....