Thread: Help on E103s
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2002, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Default Help on E103s

Posted By: James/jverri01

Hi everybody. I'd like to start a discussion thread about 1910 Williams Caramel cards (E103s). I absolutely love these cards. Probably as much as my T206 HOFer rare back collection, at this point. My questions are very general. These cards are so amazingly scarce, yet, the value of these cards seems insanely low. How realistic is the pricing on these? First - it is near impossible to get these in VG or better condition ("real" vg, by the way - not the "retailer" version of vg, which I really call "Fair"). The SCBBC lists commons at being worth about $50. if vg. Huh? $50.? Talk about way off. It also lists the Wagner in the set (there are 30 cards in all) as worth $750. if vg. Ummm. Nope. A crappy looking (and I do mean UGLY) PSA 1 of this card just sold on Ebay a couple of weeks ago (at the WEAKEST point in the market, when sales were WAY down) for almost $900. A 1. AN UGLY 1. Now, I know demand is what establishes value, but...these cards are in VERY high demand. Why does the pricing on them lag so far behind? Recently, I acquired a Wagner from this set that is VG+ - TRUE VG+, probably a 4 by PSA standards. Am I to believe the card is worth about $750.? Big joke. I know 10 people right now that would give me closer to $3k for the card. It's absolutely gorgeous. Anyway, I have all but 10 of the cards from the set, and as I strive closer to my goal of completing it, I wonder what the hold-up on these beautiful cards is. My take on value is simple: if it's a common, I say that, graded, they're worth about $50. per grade assigned. So, a 3 is worth $150. For HOFers, Lajoie and Wagner excluded, I say $125. per grade assigned. For Lajoie, $150. And, for Wagner - tough to say, but, I am thinking $750. per grade, up to a 4, and $1k per grade, thereafter. Sound unrealistic? What do you think? I KNOW what I paid for these cards, and it is NOWHERE close to what "book" is supposed to be. Thoughts???