View Single Post
Old 09-07-2023, 04:53 PM

Default Baseball Magazines!

I simply love this collecting category. There are so many magazines with amazing baseball covers, and some are quite rare or at least difficult to find. I get just as much joy from these pickups as I do finding any card from my want list. I have a keen interest in four sub categories and continue to add to these collections when I see a great find:

1- HOFer magazines - especially prewar, but looking for nice solo images of all HOFers
2 - Bob Feller magazines - complements my Bob Feller collection
3 - Cleveland Baseball magazines - my original interest in baseball magazines, still try to find interesting and oddball covers
4 - Baseball Art magazines - inspired by the Net 54 thread on this. Nameless baseball scenes that show the game at any level, as long as the cover is interesting.

Sharing examples of each. No intention to slab any of these, but I can understand the need for independent authentication and grading for some folks. Just not something I have pursued, at least not now.

I also have a fair amount of magazines we all know and love - Baseball Magazine, Baseball Digest, Sports Illustrated, Sport, Sporting Life, and The Sporting News - that fit into my collecting categories. They are of course more plentiful, so the challenge is really to find nice condition examples at the right price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2484.jpg (170.5 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8766.jpg (196.8 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg 56599100741__177B4D34-6CA9-48FC-8247-79358D15EFE5.jpg (181.1 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3836.jpg (198.5 KB, 120 views)