Thread: Vintage Racing?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 09:50 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvu_class_of_2001 View Post
I saw a post a few weeks ago on SCF (I don't want to link to it and risk violating any TOS rules) and there's a guy who actually lives in my area that is a hardcore Alan Kulwicki collector. Recently he picked up a 1986 Quincy's card that was (perhaps) given out just as a promo at Daytona that season.

I assume it wasn't on the "Top 20" list because it wasn't mainstream. I can say that the price paid for it would have put it up there if it was mainstream.

I'm just intrigued by the card. He talked a little about it. I was just wondering if anyone here might have more info on it.

I do plan to go ahead and try to keep this thread active, since we don't have an actual forum designated to post racing in. Going to keep an eye on that non-sports area as well.
There was an Alan Kulwicki Quincy's card that sold on eBay about 5-6 months ago. The card sold as a BIN for $499. I remember looking up that card when it was on eBay, and PSA had graded one of them. I get it that a Quincy's card is a holy grail for a diehard Kulwicki fan. But $499 seems like a steep price to pay for an Alan Kulwicki card. Even very scarce Petty and Earnhardt cards usually sell for less than that.

I remember digging around online to see what I could learn about that card and information was pretty limited. From what I remember reading, Quincy's had the card produced as a promotional handout. I am not at all familiar with the manufacturer, Big League Cards.

There was also one that sold on eBay in 2008. The description seems kinda dubious to me. LOL. The seller says that some unnamed source appraised the card at $500 in 1999.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alan-Kulwick...p2047675.l2557

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...ger-big-league

Last edited by Bored5000; 04-11-2016 at 09:51 PM.