View Single Post
Old 01-31-2006, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Default Consignment Houses - I'm torn...

Posted By: Anthony

I'd put a price on it and place it in an ebay store, or a fixed price listing on ebay. If it doesn't get any interest after a few weeks you can decide whether to auction it (with a reserve or not) or consign it. If you are set on consigning it go with either REA or Mastro, but realize the REA deadline for consignments is either close or has just passed, and he only does 1 auction a year right now.
Ebay gives you a lot more advantages- you can set the price, and you don't take the risk of going head to head with a similar item, although that is unlikely in this case.
45 days after the auction closes sounds pretty reasonable, it takes them up to a month to get paid. You have to have your item in a few months ahead of time in order to make the catalog deadline, so I'm guess you're talking about 3-5 months all told from shipment to payment. Ebay looking better all the time?

Edited to add- have you considered Bill Goodwin's auctions? You won't get lost in a huge shuffle, the catalog has good distribution, and from the bidder side of it he's always been very quick to answer questions and take bids.