View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
All of this is fine and good but what I think makes these auctions so competitive and fun is that ebay's increments are just about perfect. Nothing will kill the excitement of an auction faster then a 10% increase that most of the houses use. Keep it tight and so many more people will go along for the ride.
Absolutely Jimmy, it is nice to be able to bid in increments one feels comfortable. I have stopped bidding on an auction item when the increments become to high. kind of a shame but that is how it goes.

As a collector, I think we are really fortunate to have several options compared to the late 80's/ early 90s. Today it can be eBay, the many auction houses, the local card shop, and/or card shows. Now w/ a wider selection of choices to buy, I feel my collection has just become so much better and I really appreciate it a lot more.

Most of us know when and where to strike and lay our money down w/ the various buying options and usually I'm going to put myself in a situation when I can save few extra bucks & get those prized items.

Jimmy, good job on getting high quality photos w/out throwing down the extra buyer's premium.

Last edited by 3and2; 04-15-2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: more text