View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 03:24 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports View Post
Which TPA offers those steep discounts for 8x10s?
PSA/DNA will. The discounts start at about 50 items, from what i was told. I had asked a few months ago how much they would charge if I submitted 400 photos. They quoted me a price of $7 each.
As was previously stated, many of these guys signed a ton in the 80's and 90's and extra for the promoters. My father would purchase the extras that a promoter in St. Louis would have the guys sign at the end of shows. While he sold tons over the years, I probably have about 1000 photos, 8x10, 11x14 and 16x20's.... baseball, some basketball, football and a ton of hockey since St. Louis was a hockey town. While I know they are good, most of them aren't worth the cost to have them authenticated. I did take some 16x20's recently and had them done at a show for a higher price. A couple Favre's, Bob Gibson, Gale Sayers, one with Musial, Moore and Slaughter and my favorite one was of 4 1984 Cubs.... Sandberg, Dernier, Durham and Moreland.
Feller signed so many autos that almost anyone that can say his name should have one. He was always nice to talk to at shows. We spoke for a while at a show, I believe maybe Memphis, back in the 90's. He told me that at that point he basically lived in hotels. A promoter would pay to fly him to a show, pay for his food and lodging, pay him to sign then he would go on to the next show the following week. He was an interesting man and a great player, but can't imagine his auto will ever be worth much of anything. I have given plenty of them away and probably still have 30 or more left.