View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 11:28 AM
Jos.eph Dw.ek

Default Cobb Card

This is Andrew Dwek. Joe Dwek is my brother and partner. Joe and I buy, sell and trade sports memorabilia and autographs.The accusation that we stole this card from Dmitry by offering the ebay seller more is simply false. We traded for the card having no knowledge of any sales or transactions on it. A client was interested in a high end item of our’s and asked if we would consider trading it to him for multiple items. After going back and forth on potential trade pieces over a few days we agreed on a package of multiple items coming our way in exchange for the one high end item in our store. One of the items we received was this card.

We rarely deal in vintage cards unless they're autographed. In all of our years of doing this, we have never once bought a vintage graded card unless it was included in a package that consisted mainly of autographs and memorabilia. We don't follow card auctions and sales and never have bid on card auctions or listings of any kind. We certainly would never make an offer to a seller after an ebay sale had completed. We wouldn't do so even if the item was right is in our wheelhouse and we’d be able to make a quick profit on it. We certainly wouldn't do it on a vintage card for which we have no real feel for and have no clients/buyers for. While we've been the victim of such practices countless times we would never engage in such business practices. We love what we do, feel blessed to be able to dedicate so much time to the hobby and believe there's enough good and legitimate business out there.

To prove I'm saying the truth I'm willing to show our conversations and communications with this trade client to a net54 board member. I would do so in person, either now in New Jersey or at the national. I will show the proof of the trade to a neutral person, not someone who was affected by the cancelled ebay sale or feels they incurred a loss. The client’s identity will remain anonymous.

After we listed the card for sale in our ebay store, Dmitry messaged us about the cancelled ebay sale. We immediately offered to talk to him on the phone to explain what had happened. Attached are the ebay messages:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5235.jpg (7.4 KB, 702 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5236.jpg (8.5 KB, 719 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5237.jpg (9.6 KB, 714 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5238.jpg (8.7 KB, 715 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5239.jpg (9.7 KB, 705 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5240.jpg (10.5 KB, 710 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5241.jpg (9.6 KB, 710 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5242.jpg (8.5 KB, 700 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5243.jpg (10.2 KB, 719 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5244.jpg (8.5 KB, 712 views)