View Single Post
Old 02-03-2002, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Default Dang it.....Have ya'll been listening? "Original"

Posted By: leon

I really, really was going to let this thing go but I just have to say ya'll would not make good salesmen on this subject. Would ya'll please respond back to my question and comments. The problem is the grades are very subjective ie...my Matty. Not one person on this board would rate it a vg (don't go there MW )...LIKE I SAID BEFORE....Derek, at SGC, was adamant about NOT SLABBING ALTERED CARDS. Authentic is an ambiguous definition in the grading of cards...sort of like "all or nothing".....what I am proposing now is a slab (like for Matty) that says "original" without a number on it. NO qualifiers, no nothing. This card would be unaltered in ANY WAY. PERIOD. It would just not have a grade on it. I do want to be careful here too as I could be cutting my own throat. Might the value of cards go down without the numerals? As far as not being able to see blemishes in a holder....I disagree....I think I can see the card extremely well through the plastic (I just did it to prove it to myself again)..You can surely see the wrinkle on Matty can't you Plastic Dog? I am not saying you can see 100% but more like 99.8% or more....you get the idea...I don't think there is much hinderance (sp?) of the holder. That's just my opinion and I can see the disagreements coming now. Here's the last question I hope I have to ask (and that ya'll might kindly answer)...WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH HAVING AN UNALTERED CARD IN AN "ORIGINAL" holder WITHOUT a grade? Ya'll just didn't answer the above question....thanks a lot ya'll I do appreciate the time ya'll have spent on this.....best..