View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 07:01 AM
Martin Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
I wouldn't consider .06 runs per game "fairly close." What's that, 2 runs over the entire season?

Kluber had 7 games of 2 runs or less where he got 2 losses and 5 ND's, including the famous Ryan Raburn game.

And don't forget many people's darling stat right now: WAR. Kluber is 3rd in the entire league, tops for pitchers, a full game over Felix at 7.5 to 6.4.

Kluber's ERA+ is also lower, which adjusts for park differentials. (Seattle is a MUCH better pitcher's park than Tribe Stadium.)

I think Felix gets it because the stats are so close and Felix has the history. But I'd be stunned if it isn't close.

Ken

PS: By the way, Seattle fans, we got Kluber's seasons for over $22,000,000 less than you got Felix's!! I have to taunt you now, because in a couple of years, we won't be able to afford Kluber and he'll be pitching for the yankees or Angels.
Ken,

I think you've taken the WAR figures prior to the update for last nights games. Felix climbed to 6.7.

Also looking at ERA+ Felix is at 170 (trailing Kershaw 197 and Sale 178) with Kluber on 150:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/le...-leaders.shtml

Kluber does lead in FIP but Hernandez leads almost all other Sabermetric stats.

PS - Will add I am a Mariners fan!