View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 06:21 AM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

I would trust the members here before I trust what a TPA says, especially after that T206 scandal last fall. A couple weeks ago, a card I needed for my project came up on eBay. PSA’s quick opinion service was unable to render an opinion, but another member I showed it to didn’t like it, so I passed. He’s been at this for 50+ years; no one at any TPA has that level of experience.

If you want my honest opinion, the amount of hoops that you have to jump through for that to be real (flea market vendor had no clue he was sitting on one of the rarest signed cards out there, Hodges had two drastically different signatures at the same time, that, to use your words “maybe it’s not as off as everyone thinks”), I would not want it in my collection. I’d never feel comfortable with how different it is from other, authentic examples, or that so many folks here don’t like it. I understand that you said other cards from that vendor came back good, but mixing in a few good signatures with forgeries is a tactic I’ve seen used before.

Last edited by egri; 03-03-2019 at 06:22 AM.