View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 11:53 PM
Bill Gregory

Good God, Jamie. That's an incredible run. Chapeau on a monster accomplishment! Just curious, do you have a favorite from these? Maybe due to a particular back (or lack thereof).

Brad, I've never seen Ruth sign his full name like that, though admittedly I have only seen about a hundred examples of his signature. I would assume this example represents a rarity. It's just beautiful.

I tell you, every time I see a modern card autographed in some messy scribble, I think about the Babe's auto. Nobody has ever signed more balls and pictures than the Bambino, yet every one of his signatures are aesthetically pleasing. Just something else that leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to modern collectibles. So much seems half-assed and rushed.

Steve, kudos on finally finding your Dahlen. I really understand now why the T3s were voted most beautiful set. They're just breathtaking. I can't imagine looking at one of those in person, and not wanting to buy. Thank you for sharing it.

Paleo, I agree with you that the Goodwins and Allen & Ginters are beautiful. But I like the Old Judges, too, in large part because of the stark contrast between them. There's nothing being made today that resembles the Old Judges, or the Mayo Cut Plugs.

Greg, that's a really sweet Matty. Beautiful eye appeal.

Leon, one of these days when I get out to a Dallas show, I'd love to sit down and talk with you some about your type collection. One of the things my folks got me for Christmas are the type prints from Old Cardboard, and they're framed and on my wall now. Seeing all these different releases is a little overwhelming, to be honest. I think just storing them all would be a logistical nightmare.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.