View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Bill Potter

Default Suggestions For Affordable Ruth Items.

Im a budget type collector and most of my cards fall into the G/VG grade except for a lot of older cards like my T206 collection which I will accept in any condition as long as I can afford them.
I would like to have a Ruth playing days issue and have bid on a few graded Sanella's on ebay but been outbid everytime. My max bid was $100 and they always seem to go just over that.
I was thinking of taking alternate routes to collect a Ruth item, see if I could keep it at $50 or under. So far I have found several newspaper photo clippings/cartoon panels for right around that price and I THINK they would be worth it to add to my collection. I have a 1935 Jack Sords cartoon panel of Gehrig that I like as well as any actual "card" in my collection and I have recently fallen for Wheaties Panels so I think either a newspaper photo clipping pasted on cardboard or a cartoon panel would fit in nicely with that.
What do you guys think? I know it's each/their own but do any of you collect oddball stuff like that for players you like?