View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Default No Returns on Graded Cards

Posted By: E, Daniel

If I like a card up for auction, graded or not, scans or not, I ask these simple questions:
Any creases, any wrinkles, any paper loss, any other surface or paper issues, and does it measure correctly for the issue? Ok, with graded I tend not to ask the last one.
If there are no scans available (or if they are just not good enough scans to satisfy my eye), on the auction site or from the buyer, I just won't buy the card - unless the card is so insanely scarce that condition doesn't matter and ownership only is my priority.
If he/she is unable to supply answers to my questions, I just won't buy the card.

After any and all of those issues are resolved, if the card is graded and I don't like it for whatever reason when it arrives, well, thats on me.
Because how ridiculous is it, with everyone's subjective preferences aesthetically for a card, that the seller is somehow beholden to supply YOU a card which meets exactly what you're after! It's not his responsiblility, it's yours to fulfill your madnesses and eccentricities.
Others may find the exact same card in the same holder to be exactly what they enjoy. Sellers are not there to cater to everyone's whims and tastes, they supply a product and you are capable of making your own decisions on what you need from a card.
Just imagine, I sell gil the card, no, he doesn't like it as a 4.....I sell leon the card, no, he doesn't like it as a 4......I sell Joann the card, no she doesn't like it either as a 4........3 months later and 6 potential buyers, untold miles in the unsafe hands of postal/delivery workers - UGH!!!
How long is a Seller supposed to peddle the card to every dificult so and so collector (obviously NOT a reference to our beloved leader and Net54 cohorts!) until one is magnanamous enough to accept it?

Of course, everything above holds strictly to graded cards.

Daniel