Thread: Mi Familia
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Default Mi Familia

Posted By: Dan Bretta

My dad was born in 1945 so they would all be 1950s cards. I just read a stack of letters my grandma sent to my grandpa when he was in Ohio for some military training in 1955 and she talks about how excited she is that the Dodgers were winning the World Series. I never knew my grandma was a Dodgers fan. There was another letter I was reading earlier tonight from my Great Grandpa to my Great Grandma who was staying with my dad's family in Boston that mentions the Red Sox in 1947. It's really weird because it sort of brings it to life and when I think about 1947 in terms of collecting it just doesn't seem that long ago, but when I'm reading these letters from people who have been gone for decades it seems so long ago...

Anyway I got my scanner working and not sure if this guy is dressed in baseball attire or not, but he's a related to me in some way...maybe my great uncle?

Photobucket

edited to add: I found a duplicate of the first baseball team postcard above so I'm pretty sure I've got relatives in that one.