View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 08:21 AM
P@trick R.omolo

My research indicates that initial TOLSTOI print runs (circa early 1910) appear to coincide with early 1910 press runs of the 350 series. And, what is evident (based on pop
report data) is that they many of these cards were short-printed relative to subsequent T206 series (350/460 series and 460-only series) TOLSTOI print runs.

For example......this simulated arrangement of the 48 subjects in the 1910 COUPON set were also printed with TOLSTOI backs. Approx. 67 % of these guys are quite tough
to find with TOLSTOI backs. Becker & Marshall have yet to be confirmed with a TOLSTOI back. But then, it is only recently that Joe Dunn, Claude Rossman, and Ira Thomas have been found with TOLSTOI backs. So, I expect that Becker and Marshall will be eventually found with TOLSTOI backs.

TED Z
.[/QUOTE]

I confirmed these along with Fiene throwing on t206resource in the past 1+ years when I found scans of them while doing research on the scarcity of the 350 only subjects with Tolstoi backs all of them sold at different times.

The Dunn came up for sale on ebay in March 2018 Fiene sold on ebay in July 2015 Rossman in June 2015 and the Thomas sold on ebay in May 2011.