View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 07:04 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
Got around to seeing this the other day. I thought the sets, imagery, and cinematography were very well done. In the end, though, I couldn't help but think that Berg's story just wasn't quite compelling enough to make a Hollywood movie out of.

I also wish there were more baseball scenes. Other than the Fenway clip, which they showed in the preview, there's a clip from the Japanese tour and that's it. I know the story is about his service and not his career as a player, but I think they could have easily worked some more playing scenes for the baseball fans this was meant to appeal to, especially since it barely ran 90 minutes.
Haven't seen it yet, but I'm excited to.

I need to bring attention to the bold. You mean it's possible to make a movie that doesn't kill 1/4 of my day? Between Jurassic World, Star Wars, etc., I don't know if I can handle another 2+ hour movie. This is refreshing news.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame