View Single Post
Old 05-06-2024, 05:30 AM
Bill H@e1ig

This was originally posted four years ago but when Charlie showed an ad for the Brooks Robinson Sporting Goods Company, I thought it was worthwhile enough to make another post..

Crawford Foxwell (who lived on the Maryland Eastern Shore) was one of the noted early collectors (there is a brief interview with him on YouTube for those who wish to see it) who in the early 70's either attended a grand opening of one the locations or simply a day where was Brooks was making an appearance at one & was actually wearing an Orioles uniform as he greeted fans.

Mr. Crawford (being the collector he was) approached Brooks at some point and told him that he would like one of those uniforms and Brooks actually responded that he could have the one he was wearing because the fit was a little snug...A deal was struck & Crawford walked out of the store uniform in hand (stirrups included).

I was good friends with someone who knew Mr. Foxwell very well & when he passed away my friend (knowing my love of Brooks) went to his widow and asked if we could make a deal for the uniform (I later had Brooks sign the collar at a 1992 Crown Gas Station appearance).