View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 06:39 PM
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
It seems to me that PSA is falling into a classic business trap of new biz at any cost without providing the necessary backup to handle a massive flow of new submissions, particularly non-express ones. But their position of pre-eminent grader means customers are left to suck it up when guarantees mean nothing. I have to wonder what would happen to card values if Collectors' Universe goes bankrupt? Last SMR prices? Would PSA cardholders try to cross over their lost treasures to SGC or BVG, which would swamp them. Could a new grading company emerge?
I prefer PSA; but simply because of resale value; but If were there competitor; {hey SGC} I would do a registry, and allow other top tier grading companies (PSA, BVG/BGS} cards be registered there. I think they could take away a huge piece of marketshare by doing so and providing better customer service.

PS. I am simply stock piling cards to grade and when my pile gets big enough than I won't mind waiting. Maybe I get lucky and in the meantime they get caught up.