Thread: My pet peeve
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 06:15 AM
Paul

Every item has a different strategy based, e.g., on the difference between the seller's listing price and the apparent market value based on recent comparable sales. Some items warrant a line in the water at or near FMV to see how serious the seller is about his outrageous demand; some warrant a meaningful and respectful back and forth. I have remained silent, both out of spite, and also hoping the seller would pursue me offline for a cheaper sale for both of us. It really all depends on circumstance.

Having said that, I sold a ton of T206s on eBay from May-August this year. I hadn't done much ebay selling before that in four or five years. The tone and candor of the buyers this year has been way worse than ever in my 20 years on eBay. I had winners cancel after winning, I had buyers not pay until I complained to eBay about them, and I had a buyer try to scam me out of my card and money by filing a false PayPal "counterfeit card" report, and then send me an empty envelope to trigger an automatic refund by PayPal. So the level of professionalism and respect of those collecting T206 cards has gone way down in my estimation. A failure to respond to a counter would be the least of my worries!

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 09-18-2017 at 06:17 AM.