View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 06:11 PM
Jeff D

Default Build the Brand

IMO the MLB is in it's resurgence. The future is bright. Out with steroid era and in with Trout, Harper, Bryant, Correa...et al. With the wild card, the race to the playoffs and the playoffs themselves have been amazing the last few years. The list of World Series contenders is long. MLB needs to push the history of the game on the audience, show the pictures, tell the stories. Every ball park/team should be celebrating the past. Take the vintage cards/memorabilia out of the vaults and show them, there are millions of future collectors out there. They should be able to see the cards/uniforms/bats/original photos etc. of Jackie Robinson or whoever we are celebrating that day and be able to buy them or be educated on where to buy them. Every game should be a card show. Let the dealers post up at the park, especially the minor leagues. People are followers...look at us and the green Cobbs, ridiculous. It wouldn't take much. I am a vendor for the Dodgers and have been going to the park for 30+ years...only when I became a vendor (last 3 years) did I get to see the stadium from the inside out, amazing. Get the kids to the park on off days to see the history, the hallways, the trophies, the pictures, the work out gyms, the dugouts. Have the players available. Supply and demand - create the demand.