View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Ryan Christoff

Here is a very clear example of how it can easily be determined that they were all produced at the same time. On the left is the back of the "J.A. Falagan" card, one of the amateurs. On the right is "Evaristo Pla" card, one of the Almendares ones. Notice how the text on the right edge of the Falagan card shows part of the next card on the sheet. It just shows the first letter of each line. Then notice the letters on the left edge of the Pla card. A perfect match. This means the Pla card was definitely produced with the amateur cards, which means it's from 1922. It also means that either all of the cards are real, or they are all fakes. Since the amateur cards do seem real, and Rolando has said all of them are, I'm pretty comfortable at this point saying there's a very good possibility these are legit. It's pretty exciting when new issues are discovered, so this is pretty cool, if they're real, which it appears they probably are. That's about as much of an endorsement as I can give.

You should have no problem selling them now due to all the extra publicity this thread has generated for you and your cards. You're welcome. I am not bidding, btw.

-Ryan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Romeo Y Julieta back study.jpg (29.0 KB, 493 views)