View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYHighlanderFan View Post
Yep...agreed Leon! At this point its just a nice Polar Bear lot. And that's what I would like to sell it as.

I must say...seeing grading companies slab Fatima & Piedmont packs from the 1940's-50's with Series of 117 or 121 stamps as 1911 packs flat out sucks! And the claims of WWI 12-packs pulling out white borders might be just as crazy. But I do believe they stuffed them in packs until they were gone...and into 1912 might not really be that far-fetched! After all, they only cared about advertising their product & not the timetable of them being last years cards.

And as far as an unknown dealer...like most of us I've been in this hobby my whole life. That takes me back into the late 1970's. I purchased my Addie Joss Lenox for $5 and my Dad looked at me like I was nuts. I have built several extremely solid relationships through the years with dealers. And a tiny few I see and think are fraudulent crooks. Most are decent, some upstanding. But through the years of passing tables at shows, answering classified ads, auctions, etc...there are some dealers who I just can't remember other than by face.
Now you're 'Net 54', so you officially exist