View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 07:59 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default The Exclusive 12 (460-only series)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reference, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Pictured here are the 6 toughest backs that were printed on the Exclusive 12 cards

The Exclusive 12 story

Feb 2013, I posted a theory regarding 12 subjects in the 460-only series that were exclusively printed on their own sheet. I base this hypothesis on several factors. Foremost
being that these 12 subjects are the only ones in the 460-only series found with red HINDU backs. Furthermore, the availability of the Exclusive 12 with the red HINDU backs
considerably out-numbers any of the 350/460 series cards with red HINDU backs

Also,, while most of the other subjects in the 460-only series were printed with LENOX backs, the Exclusive 12 are LENOX no-prints. DITTO, regarding the PIEDMONT 460 F#42
cards. This tells us that these 12 subjects were printed in a separate press run from their other "cousins" in the 460-only series. Check-out this thread...... The Exclusive 12

Crandall (cap)
Devore
Duffy
Ford
Gandil
Geyer
Hummel
McGraw (glove at hip)
Pfeffer
Sheckard (glove)
Tannehill (Chicago)
Wheat

Illustrated here is my concept of an Exclusive 12 printed sheet....based on American Litho's 19" wide press, and a standard size 19" x 24" cardboard sheet.

.. v ............................................ 19" x 24" sheet .............................................v

More specific info and T-brand back runs regarding the Exclusive 12 group will follow in the next post.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 04-28-2017 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Correct typo.