View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 09:17 AM
pete ullman

++1...also...they had a large display close to PSA with high end items graded in the new holder and videos playing but their submission area was somewhere else and was tiny and had no "waiting" area...not that their lines compared to PSA...but still? I was not impressed with their software either as I couldn't find some of my cards using their search feature. For now SGC is still my choice...but they really need to get more professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-illini View Post
This times about 1 million.

1. They designed a plan for submissions to be handled via computer and didn't think to check if there was wi-fi in the building. Now you can blame that on the I-X center I suppose but as someone who works in software development it is akin to being a marathon runner who forgets to tie their shoes and blames the shoe when they trip and fall.

2. They took on-site submissions for the entire show even after it became clear that they had literally no chance of fulfilling the time promises they were making

3. Every time you would go to check on an order, SGC would appease you by saying "check back in an hour or two". Finally I said to a rep that this was the fourth time I heard this and I wanted to just know the truth. I was told that yeah, tomorrow afternoon would be the best time to check.

4. They changed what they do and do not grade without informing the customer. For example, I know of a collector who was trying to submit some tickets for grading. He spent 20 minutes entering them into the new computer system, and asked for help finalizing the transaction. Someone comes up to him and says "Oh - we dont do tickets any longer"

5. Despite all of the computer problems, they had no problem getting their billing invoices processed. I had a charge to my CC before I had my cards back to me. They also charged me for same day service when it took me 3 days to get my stuff back

I like SGC and want them to work, but at this point I can't see using them again. I spent over 2 hours total at the show running to check on my cards and waiting for information. They need to get their shit together, and fast.

If I were Dave Forman I would personally spend this week calling everyone who submitted for on-site grading and apologize for their experience. It was beyond awful for the customer.

Chris Bland

Last edited by ullmandds; 08-06-2018 at 09:17 AM.