View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 06:13 AM
Brian T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicem View Post
Wonder how disappointed Sullivan is with these results?
Great question. He's on target for the set to sell for significantly less than a million.

I know that I was surprised about how low the Wagner went. With that, I'm not surprised that the Matty matched it. The market is pretty thin for 6 figure cards. I suspect that it was the same underbidder in both and that he (or she) didn't want to go more than $100k + vig. Who knows how much the winner(s) were actually willing to pay for those two cards. It is a good lesson in the fact that the auction market determines an item's value to be one increment above what the second highest bidder is willing to spend.

As to Jay's comment about Wagner's first actual card vs. Matty's first actual card... I completely agree that it should be no contest with Wagner winning. (Not that I am biased in any way.)

Both, but especially the Wagner, are undervalued in my opinion. With only 4 graded and conservatively less than 10 E107 Wagners out there, it should be much closer to the value of the (at least 60) T206 Wagners.